Customer profile enhancement

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
In the admin section, there is a way to gather customer details during registration such as gender and date of birth. If these values are not enabled, these fields are subsequently not available in the customer profile page. Am I missing something here?

The registration process should be as quick as possible in order to acquire more accounts so I do not want to enable these fields by default, yet the customer should be able to edit a full profile once logged into their account.

From previous experience, I can say for sure that customers will go in and update their profile on their own and once they have established a trust level will also provide more details... Sometimes, you can make them give more details by offering incentives.

Why is the data valuable? Marketing and segmentation. For example, if you can tell who is a male or female without running complex database filters, then you can target customers better...

I hope to see the customer profile section a bit smarter in the business sense.

Also, why not let customers manage things like newsletters from there and tick their intersects from product categories etc..

What do you guys think?
7 years ago
I agree with your way of thinking.
7 years ago
Thanks again for suggestion. Please find a work item here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.