Bundling and Minifying

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I am trying to get bundling and minifying to work. I went into store seo settings and turned on bundling and minification and I went into the web config and set debug=false however when I run. I can see the <script scr="{bundleUrl} /> however if i navigate to the generated bundle the file is always empty. This happens with both JS and CSS, which makes me believe it is a system configuration issue.

Any thoughts?
7 years ago
NickNack2020 wrote:
I am trying to get bundling and minifying to work. I went into store seo settings and turned on bundling and minification and I went into the web config and set debug=false however when I run. I can see the <script scr="{bundleUrl} /> however if i navigate to the generated bundle the file is always empty. This happens with both JS and CSS, which makes me believe it is a system configuration issue.

Any thoughts?

After setting bundling to true in your site and restarting the application, when you view source of your pages, you would see just two references..one for the js and one for the css.
When you click the bundled/minified CSS or JS link they SHOULD appear as one file, all run together with no line breaks.
I'm not sure why you see a blank file, but if your site is still functional and the styles look correct in a browser, then we must assume that your browser is buggy...

I'm not sure why you are editing the web.config. That shouldn't be necessary.
7 years ago
My page does not look correct, it is not loading the css or js. I am out of ideas, and have been looking into other ways of bundling.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.