Homepage categories - make it product navigation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
for home page categories, i want to change the navigation behavior. when clicked on a box, it should navigate to product detail page. please tell me how can I achieve this?
7 years ago
Isn't it better in your case just to show certain products related to categories you want instead of categories on the home page?

If you still want to show categories with links to products the best way is to add a new field to Category where you can specify a product id. And then use this field to get the product link and show it on the HomepageCategories view.
Have a look at the guide: Updating an existing entity. How to add a new property.
7 years ago
Mariann wrote:
Isn't it better in your case just to show certain products related to categories you want instead of categories on the home page?

If you still want to show categories with links to products the best way is to add a new field to Category where you can specify a product id. And then use this field to get the product link and show it on the HomepageCategories view.
Have a look at the guide: Updating an existing entity. How to add a new property.

Thanks a lot for quick response, Mariann. Basically what i want is instead of category navigation, I wanted products navigation but same layout -
category-grid home-page-category-grid
. so each product should navigate to product detail page.

Thanks for the information about updating entity but I am looking for a simple approach. its just i want to change the url -> right now it takes me to category page, i want to go to product detail page. that's it.
7 years ago
Isn't it better just to change the styles of the featured products displayed on the homepage? So these products could look like categories but have a link to a product details page.
7 years ago
Mariann wrote:
Isn't it better just to change the styles of the featured products displayed on the homepage? So these products could look like categories but have a link to a product details page.

Hi Mariann, I did the same with a plugin. I wanted to avoid "changing" core files.

Thanks a lot for your valuable time and inputs :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.