Updating Categories - SEO Friendly names - appending -2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I've searched around for an answer to this, but haven't come across anybody reporting this particular issue.

It's quite possible my search-fu is weak. :)

I was brought in pretty late on the project, but it appears that some pre-existing categories were repurposed / renamed and others were deleted. We have a category with a description of accessories, but when we navigate to the page, the URL reads .../apparel.

When I navigate to Catalog/Categories and edit the category and try to change the Search engine friendly page name from apparel to accessories, when I click on save or save and continue edit, -2 is appended to accessories, so I end up with accessories-2.

I poked around the database a bit and it looks like there's a deleted accessories category. So, I guess perhaps there's something lingering around that's preventing from reusing that SEO friendly page name.

Any advice or direction on how I can get this fixed up? I'd rather not use a different SEO friendly page name if we can help it.
7 years ago
Hi Thomas,

In this case please go to admin area > System > Search engine friendly page names. Find "accessories" record and delete it. Then you can re-use it.
7 years ago
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.