Which Host Company???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Recently I changed my host from Godaddy to Webhost4life (as prefer by nopcommerce) and thinking Webhost4life is a better company, but after a week tried to transfer the domain to Webhost4life now the site is not working.

I’m on the phone with the tech everyday for a week now, but still no solution.  

The website seem okay under the host back end    

http://johnhpnguyen.webhost4life.com/nopCommerce/NopCommerceStore/

BUT not from direct link…

http://jpsaquarium.com/

Anybody here knows the solution that can help me and give Webhost4life a hint.  OR any other Host that I don't know about?

Thanks
13 years ago
IX Web hosting, www.ixwebhosting.com has a lot of features for an affordable price and nopCommerce is quite easy to setup on their hosting service.
13 years ago
deccks wrote:
IX Web hosting, www.ixwebhosting.com has a lot of features for an affordable price and nopCommerce is quite easy to setup on their hosting service.

deccks, I will give webhost4life for another day or two and I will decide.  How is the technician over there?
13 years ago
Great...they have a live chat with support staff whenever you need assistance.
13 years ago
'

my recommendation:

[url= http://tinyurl.com/NOP-hosting ]softsys hosting[/url]

13 years ago
deccks wrote:
Great...they have a live chat with support staff whenever you need assistance.

The problem is that they can never really help you, you just talk to them and nothing happens.
Try www.arvixe.com - I moved to arvixe after dissapointed from webhost4life
13 years ago
LevGe wrote:

The problem is that they can never really help you, you just talk to them and nothing happens.
Try www.arvixe.com - I moved to arvixe after dissapointed from webhost4life

Thank you all for sharing your opinion.  Webhost4life is finally fixed the issue with my web after more than a week.  I give them another chance.

I plan to do an upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 but little worry that will cause me a lot more problem.  Do any of you have step by step upgrade and downgrade if I run into a problem.  I saw the upgrade video, but seem little confuse and hope if someone can put in writting step by step to upgrade.
13 years ago
make sure you have a backup of everything including your database

create a new folder on your hosting account and upload your new version to that new folder

(If your hosting account allows you more than one database then better still - you  can script your new database without overwriting your original)

once you are happy with everything, redirect your domain name to your new folder

and delete the other hosted folder (delete it with wh4l  filemanager - it's faster)
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
make sure you have a backup of everything including your database

create a new folder on your hosting account and upload your new version to that new folder

(If your hosting account allows you more than one database then better still - you  can script your new database without overwriting your original)

once you are happy with everything, redirect your domain name to your new folder

and delete the other hosted folder (delete it with wh4l  filemanager - it's faster)

Thanks Haydie, that is what i'm planning also and to save time i also plan to replicate data from old database to new database.  I will chck with the host to see which is the best way.
13 years ago
Step  1
Go to www.kdstechnethosting.com and create an economy, deluxe, or unlimited account by purchasing a Windows hosting account
Step 2
Once you are logged in to your account.  Setup or manage hosting account and make sure you choose ASP.NET and follow the steps to setup hosting account.  If you are having trouble setting up the account you can call 480-624-2500 and give them the account number and pin number to verify account and customer service will walk you through setting up your hosting.
Step 3
Once hosting is setup and ready.  You will click on “Manage Account“ to access the hosting control panel. Once there click on “Your Applications “ button across the top of the page or go to drop down menu and click on “Content” and the click on “ Value Applications” .
Step 4
On the left side click on E-Commerce Solutions then select ----- NopCommerce
Step 5
Install.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.