How do upgrades work after modifying the source code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi,

I've just downloaded the nopCommerce source code and I'm considering making some changes. What I don't understand is how these changes will be preserved when (in the future) I want to upgrade to the latest nopCommerce source code. How does this work?

Thanks,
Stephen
7 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Hi,

I've just downloaded the nopCommerce source code and I'm considering making some changes. What I don't understand is how these changes will be preserved when (in the future) I want to upgrade to the latest nopCommerce source code. How does this work?

Thanks,
Stephen

You can extend it by plugin. it will easy to upgrade with new version.
7 years ago
Thanks Sohel,

So do all my modifications in a single plug in and that way I don't even need to have the source code. That makes sense. I will do that, but I'm curious to know... one of the tutorials in the developers guide " Updating an existing entity. How to add a new property." talks about how to modify the raw source code... How would upgrades work with this?

Thanks,
Stephen
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.