Set up different payment methods for different departments

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I installed Nopcommerce 3.8 version.

There are 2 departments A and B. I need to set up Department A with the Manual Payment method and Department B with the Purchase Order payment method. Is it possible set up 2 different payment methods for "A" and "B" departments?

Thanks.
7 years ago
What is a "Department" - a Role?

Payment Director can do conditional payment methods

E.g. if by role:

Customer.IsInRole("Department A")
7 years ago
Thanks for your reply.

Departments is our business departments (like an accounting, HR and so on). The departments have the same customers, however they have different products, payment methods, different administrators.  Administrators from the departments login and place orders(impersonate), not customers.I need to setup Manual payment method for Accounting and Purchase Order payment method for HR.Is it possible to do it? Is it possible to know who administrator (login/impersonate)?

Thanks.
7 years ago
It's still not clear to me how you are implementing "Departments" in the nopCommerce store;  I have to suspect that you are using roles.  Payment Director can look at the current users role and can also detect if that user is impersonating.   See example
7 years ago
The departments have the same customers, however they have different products, payment methods, different administrators.
I created the category "Accounting" and added accounting's products under this category. Then I created the category "HR" and added hr's product under this category.  It is OK for our business, when administrator login see products from two different departments, however business wants to enable only one payment method per department.

Thanks
7 years ago
OK, so you are using Categories for "departments".  PD can also see if the cart contains items from a category - Items.Any(Product.HasCategory("Accounting"))
But, do note that the cart can contain items from multiple categories.  nopCommerce does not support splitting a cart into multiple Orders.  Contact us at support at noptools.com and we can create a sample configuration that you can import and trial.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.