Hi, a question about a checkout attribute set to Textbox - but with a Price adjustment added to it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
We have created a plugin for General Ledger Codes that our clients use.  In testing this and adding GL Codes to Checkout attributes I found that if a checkout attribute is a "textbox", "Multi Line textbox", "file upload" or "date Picker" and is assigned an attribute value with a price adjustment, the price adjustment does not happen even if the exact attribute value name is added to the text box.  For example if the textbox attribute value's name is "abcd" and "abcd" is entered into the textbox on checkout, no value is added.

In going through the http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Checkout+attributes page it doesn't specify that if the checkout attribute is one of the types listed above, that no price adjustment will be added to the order but that is my hunch on what is happening. I.E. the textbox, multi line textbox, file upload, and date picker checkout attributes are not supposed to add a price adjustment. Especially after reading the note about the defining of values for Drop down list, radio buttons, check boxes and color squares.  It doesn't mention price adjustment for the ones that do not need values but it makes me think that this is true.

Is this true?

And I apologize, I beat things up really really really hard.  

Thanks

Mary
7 years ago
IAmThatStrange wrote:
We have created a plugin for General Ledger Codes that our clients use.  In testing this and adding GL Codes to Checkout attributes I found that if a checkout attribute is a "textbox", "Multi Line textbox", "file upload" or "date Picker" and is assigned an attribute value with a price adjustment, the price adjustment does not happen even if the exact attribute value name is added to the text box.  For example if the textbox attribute value's name is "abcd" and "abcd" is entered into the textbox on checkout, no value is added.

In going through the http://docs.nopcommerce.com/display/en/Checkout+attributes page it doesn't specify that if the checkout attribute is one of the types listed above, that no price adjustment will be added to the order but that is my hunch on what is happening. I.E. the textbox, multi line textbox, file upload, and date picker checkout attributes are not supposed to add a price adjustment. Especially after reading the note about the defining of values for Drop down list, radio buttons, check boxes and color squares.  It doesn't mention price adjustment for the ones that do not need values but it makes me think that this is true.

Is this true?

And I apologize, I beat things up really really really hard.  

Thanks

Mary

Yes, it is true that with this type of attributes no price adjustment is applied. Please check this refering to product attributes which have the same logic:https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/41021/product-attribute-control-types-version-36.aspx
An easy way around is with conditional attributes feature and to build it in two attributes 1) Ledger codes? Yes (with price adjustment)/No and 2) (if Yes) the text box
7 years ago
Thanks Eduardo!  Will try that!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.