Building a basket from a URL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
We have another website that we want to pass predefined items into the shopping basket.

The site gives information about the consumables that are provided.  We want to provide a link that allows them to click through to the shop and have those items already visible in the basket, but not at checkout so they can add more items!

I am using version 3.8 and it is hosted on a server on site.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
7 years ago
I don't think this can be achieved because the default functionality is that a form uses the post method to send the  selected data back to itself, where the model/controller inserts the item into the database.

You'd need to build a plugin that takes your querystring variables from the remote site and converts them to a form post before inserting them into the databse and redirecting them to the shopping cart...or, create forms on your remote site that post to a new MVC script/page on the nop site that inserts the item into the database and then redirects the user to the shopping cart.
7 years ago
It can be a way as what embryo stated!

I'm not sure about my way. But you can create a plugin with shopping cart api.
Which call from first website and add predefined items to the cart and redirecting to shopping cart of second website.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.