installation configuration error in application

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
hi

i have server 2003 SP2 and SQL (full) 2005 v9.00.1399.00 and do have several .net framework verions; 1.1.4322.2443, v2.0.50727, v3.0 and v3.5. these are folder names when viewed as drive\windows\microsoft.net\framework\foldername

when viewed in add\remove programs there is Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

i put the contents of nopCommerceStore in the wwwroot; 288 objects in total. i can see the website is running and i can verify the home directory is correct as wwwroot. next i can veiw the configuration in the home directory tab and i can see that .aspx extensions is currenlty related to .net framework v1.1.4322

i get an error message when i load the install aspx page; website/install/install.aspx this is a local web server for me so the error message is displayed by the browser on the server. i can generate the blocked version of the error message using my local desktop too.

the error is in the web.config file; i have the v1.6 documentation and don't see what edits are necessary if any.

the error description is an error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to sevice this request.
the parser error message is unrecognized attribute 'type'
the source is highlighted in red as line 4; lines 2 through 6 are displayed

line 4 includes a type attribute including the version 3.5.0.0 reference.
the complete line 4 is
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemwebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">

since this error is generated right away i haven't sucessfully loaded the install page.

i don't see what edit i may need to make to the config file. or maybe i need to change the .net version in the configuration button in the home directory tab. i know each .net framework version has its own aspnet_isapi.dll; but only versions 1 and 2 have this file. version 3.5 does not have one for me to select.

the .net tab lists only versions 1 and 2 as well.

im sure iis version 6 installed .net framework v1.1 and i may need v3.5 for this software. if this is the error i don't see how to correct it. the footer of the error page show version information as .NET Framework version 1.1.4322.2443; ASP.NET version 1.1.4.4322.2407

i don't see a post matching this error. please let me know what ive overlooked.

thanks,
ddollar
13 years ago
install ajax and ajax control toolkit...
13 years ago
Thanks,

I think the issue for my setup is that I have SQL 2005 on the server and needed to install for VS2008 adding the AJAX toolkit. I did that and installed nopCommerce without any probs.

Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.