Payment - Deposit Now, Remainder Later

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi,
   Fairly new to NopCommerce, but I'm very familiar with Asp.Net development.

We require to be able to take a deposit (set fee) on checkout, with the remainder due later. The scenario is that the user selects products/services associated with an event (e.g. catering), selects a desired date/time, and pays a booking fee. If the products/services are available at the time requested, and the user doesn't cancel, then they should pay the outstanding amount just prior to the event.

I see some discussion about a feature for taking deposits, but it doesn't look to have been implemented yet.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Considering that all our orders will be the same (e.g. customer orders $x products/services, pays $50 deposit, then pays remainder afterwards), it's probably not that difficult to do. I can setup a 100% discount that applies to all products, then create a $50 standard shipping fee. I could then update all views so that it displays as I want (i.e. don't display the discount 'you saved $x' text, rename shipping method to booking fee etc.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this that will also allow for me to accept remainder payment later? Or should I just try and handle that outside of the order scope? Any plugins that could assist?
7 years ago
Maybe Payment Director plugin can be of help; otherwise your proposal seems to be a good way around.
7 years ago
Payment Director can do conditional payment methods, but it can't handle partial payment which requires the payment method plugin to only 'send' the deposit amount to the payment processor (e.g Authorize.Net, PayPal, etc.).  So, customizing the payment method plugin would be required, and then also dealing some way of admin entering final payment / zeroing balance due.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.