how to bundle a product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi, Anybody can help?

i am trying to figure out a bundled product for an online furniture store.most products will have more than two boxes for shipping. when customer add item in cart, i want all boxes dimension can be passed to calculate shipping charge.

for example, a product A(4 chair pack), all legs in box A1, all backrest in Box A2, A1 and A2 cannot priced seperatelly, only one price for A.

I want to achieve following:  

1) only show product A in public store
2) pass dimension both A1 and A2 to shipping

what I tried:

1) add a simple product A, but this way only can pass one box dimension to shipping,

2) add a simple product with a "required other product",this way can have two box dimension pass to shipping,   but the problem is A1 or A2 can be removed separately; and A1 and A2 is not added as 1:1

3) add a "grouped product" A, associate two simple products A1 and A2 , but this way cannot enter the price for A, also cannot add A to cart, when add A to cart, the error message shows "Only simple products could be added to the cart"
7 years ago
I guess this is not available out of the box, but check if the following works: Create A as a product with an attribute type Read Only with 2 values associated to products  A1 and A2. Otherwise check Shipping Director plugin
7 years ago
Tecnofin wrote:
I guess this is not available out of the box, but check if the following works: Create A as a product with an attribute type Read Only with 2 values associated to products  A1 and A2. Otherwise check Shipping Director plugin

How to create an attribute type Read Only with 2 values associated to products  A1 and A2.
7 years ago
Please check this topic and product attributes documentation
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.