Cannot configure NivoSlider after 3.70 to 3.80 upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Recently cloned my database and IIS config and updated it from 3.7 to 3.8 (original 3.7 site still running as our production site). Everything went fine except I get a rather odd error when trying to configure one plugin... NivoSlider. Note that I'm building and publishing from source, not binaries.

The "ConfigureWidget" action fails when attempting to configure NivoSlider in the admin site, claiming that "\Views\Shared\EditorTemplates\Picture.cshtml" can't resolve EngineContext. I work on more oldschool COM+ stuff day-to-day, so the complexity of Nop is crazy to me sometimes, but I'm learning every day!

If anyone can tell me where to look and why one plugin config page seems to anger Picture.cshtml while other admin functions that use Picture.cshtml work fine, I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks,

Spencer
7 years ago
Hi,

have a look at this topic: CS0103: The name 'EngineContext' does not exist in the current context
7 years ago
Thanks for the link. I took a look and noticed that indeed the reference to Nop.Core was missing. I don't know why it was missing, but including that and republishing has fixed it.

Thanks again,

Spencer
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.