Custom product builder that uses existing products, product attributes, categories, and child categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have a word document that I can provide that has general requirements, but here is a high level overview:

Functionality requirements:
1.1. Use existing products, categories, and product attribution combinations

1.2 There is logic that would exist that dictates which products, categories, and product attribution combinations are allowable   (See section 2.5 for samples)

1.3 Create an interface for management of the relationships mentioned in number 2 above (easily manage).  I was envisioning a matrix type of layout, but I’m open to the best way to implement and maintain.

1.4 Create a user interface that makes it easy for the customer to build the product and know what step they are on.  Also, make it easy for them to modify existing selections but continue to enforce the relationship stated in number 2 above.  (See section 2.1 for samples)

1.5   The custom builder would know which products and product attributes are in and out of stock and account for only those that are in stock

1.6   Utilize separate price (or discount field) to each product, product attribute, etc…  This price would be used to show to the customer in the builder that it is discounted because it is part of the custom builder.

1.7 If a customer were to add multiple custom products to the cart they could get an additional layer of discounts.

1.8 Update images in builder based on selection and attributes as the user progresses through the building process

1.9 Update for custom shipping - NopToolBoxes
     1.9.1 Update the current product template to check if the item being entered fits into a pre-defined box.  If it does not prompt user to proceed, cancel, or proceed and enter new box.

1.9.2 Create a UI screen to manage the predefined boxes, create menu item to access it

2.1 Samples of what I like from the user experience standpoint as a product builder.  These are pretty similar to what I'm trying to accomplish:
     2.1.1 http://www.tactics.com/skateboardbuilder (I like the tiles on the top and it allows the user to add them in any order)

2.1.2 http://www.skatewarehouse.com/buildcomplete.html#trucks=DECSMTRBKH (this builder is similar)

2.1.3 https://www.zumiez.com/build-your-own-skateboard/ (similar builder, but this one has more of a stepped/wizard approach)

Thanks,
Andy
7 years ago
Dear Sir,

Please check the PM!

Thank you!
Ashvin
7 years ago
Greetings!

Please check your PM .

Regards ,
Thomas Johnson
7 years ago
Hi, This sounds interesting. Is this job still open? Would it be possible to discuss this in more detail over a Phone / Skype call? What is your availability like this week? My contact details can be found below.
6 years ago
Really interested in this, has this been made yet?
6 years ago
This functionality would be great! Any update? Has anyone built a plug-in for this functionality?
6 years ago
I am working with a developer now to have it built.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.