Search with a LIKE kind of behaviour

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi in our shop if we search using the box at the top of the site if I type in ACC156 it only looks up ACC156. There is also ACC156L and ACC156R but it doesn’t show them If I type in ACC15 it doesn’t bring up every part starting with ACC15 but picks just one part ACC155.

I was wondering if there was a setting I need to enable to essentially get a contains/LIKE scenario?
Thanks.

I have full text on as well
7 years ago
We got really frustrated with the built-in search for that reason and opted to implement a Google Custom Search on our site. It's really pretty simple to integrate, and ultimately more powerful.
7 years ago
Thanks for the reply! So it's not really possible with the built in search in your experience?

Did you customise it to site product pics?
7 years ago
I'm sure it's possible, but it would require customizing your solution..something I'm not comfortable with.
The google custom search is especially good because it not only searches the inventory (categories and products), but also the blog posts, tag pages, forum, topic pages, etc...all results from your site that are pertinent.

Yes, it shows images too...here's an example search on my site using the keyword "toenail":
https://www.myfootshop.com/search?p=toenail#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=toenail&gsc.page=1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.