Suggested changes in the Admin site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have made some changes on my nop (but it is 3.6) and think these changes would be useful to others if they were added.

1. Having to scroll all the way to the top of edit pages to get to the save button. This is annoying if I am making lots of edits. One solution would be to add a "top" link that stays on the display bottom. I took a different approach and once I scroll down on the product editor page more than a 50px, the top buttons all become fixed to the display top, so they are always in my view.

2. List pages. I dislike having to click on "edit" in the far right of every row. I adjusted my products list so that the entire row is hot and the edit link column is not there. I find it easier and friendlier to simply click the row to edit. If the concern is that people tend to click in error, make it a double click to edit.

3. Ability to copy shipping address quickly. On my orders shipping tab I added a link button to copy the address. It puts the full shipping address in my clipboard for me and if that fails it will unhide a hidden textarea with the full address in it so I can manually copy it.

Just my thoughts to make the admin side friendlier and easier to use.
7 years ago
4. This one I found playing on the 3.8 admin site... If the side nav has a topic opened and I click on a different one to open it and the one that was open was very long and the new one is not, the nav disappears off my view (shrinking and I am left far down on the page) and I have to scroll up to find it. How about scrolling the link I clicked into view so I am there always?
7 years ago
Thanks a lot for suggestions:

1. Already (see in the top right bottom)
3. I've just created a work item
4. Not sure that it's possible. Because if we keep the side menu static (already visible), then some menu items won't be visible on small screen resolutions (or when a lot of menu items are expanded)
7 years ago
What about 2? Maybe it will be enough to make product image and/or name hot
7 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Thanks a lot for suggestions:

1. Already (see in the top right bottom)

The arrow appears only after I am about 1/2 way down the page. As you can see on the image here. So if I am adjusting the info on the page in this area, I still have to either scroll up to the top OR down enough to get the up arrow to appear.

a.m. wrote:

4. Not sure that it's possible. Because if we keep the side menu static (already visible), then some menu items won't be visible on small screen resolutions (or when a lot of menu items are expanded)

I am not saying to keep it static. Just scroll into view any nav that is clicked on that opens a subnav area. That will always keep what you want in view as opposed to is going away.
7 years ago
Thanks! I've just created several more tasks (one, two, three
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.