Paypal Vs Shopping Cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Dear all,

We have been dealing with a Paypal related issue since years and maybe someone has found a solution for it.

When users choose Paypal as their payment method and press the "Checkout" button on Nop, users are directed to Paypal. Perfect so far. However, if those users don't complete the payment, or they just cancel the payment in Paypal and return to Nop, their CART shows no items on it. In some cases, we have experienced a big loss in sales for some customers, and I see this issue as a huge negative point for those who want to use Nop and Paypal.

Is there any solution for this?

Any suggestion will be more than welcome.

Thank you all.
7 years ago
mikel.irastorza@iese.net wrote:
Dear all,

We have been dealing with a Paypal related issue since years and maybe someone has found a solution for it.

When users choose Paypal as their payment method and press the "Checkout" button on Nop, users are directed to Paypal. Perfect so far. However, if those users don't complete the payment, or they just cancel the payment in Paypal and return to Nop, their CART shows no items on it. In some cases, we have experienced a big loss in sales for some customers, and I see this issue as a huge negative point for those who want to use Nop and Paypal.

Is there any solution for this?

Any suggestion will be more than welcome.

Thank you all.

It sounds like maybe you are using Paypal Express??
I'd suggest that you switch to the Paypal Standard plugin. If a user presses cancel while paying at paypal, they return to the site and all items are still in their cart.
7 years ago
Thank you. We are using "paypal standard" plugin. I saw several issues alike on this forum since 2010. The fact is that the cart gets empty once the user clicks on "chechout" button; and the user is addressed to Paypal's website. Wether the clients pays or not, the cart shows no items on it, eventhough wr can see (on Nop) that the Order hasn't been paid.
7 years ago
I guess I don't understand. You said the cart empties when the user clicks "Checkout"...do you mean the checkout button on the shopping cart page? That's the only checkout button I know of....

With the Paypal standard plugin on my 3.40 nopC site, the customer does not leave my website until he confirms his order...then he is returned to the site when finished. If the customer clicks cancel while at Paypal, he is returned to the shopping cart page, all items still in cart.
7 years ago
We are on the same page, but in my case Nop 3.40, cart is empty. I wonder what is wrong with our set up. If the user wants to pay with credit card we dont have problems since users dont leave the website. Problems arrive when users click on chechout (in Nop), confirm the order and once in Paypal, cancel the order or leave the paypal website. The cart gets empty right when users click on Chechout (Nop).
7 years ago
If the cart is appearing as empty, it is likely because their session is somehow getting lost.

What confuses me is that the items should persist in the customer shopping cart until purchased...for example, they could close their browser and come back in 3 days and the site will still remember what items they had in their cart...

I wish I could help...good luck to you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.