Users who viewed this also viewed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I want to make this functionality available. Currently there is user who bought this also bought this product feature available but i want the viewed version of it.

If there is a plugin let me know otherwise please tell me where to start ie what tables/model i need or what models i need to modify.
7 years ago
Hello-

For each of your products, you can define "Related Products" and "Cross-Sell Products."

The related products appear on the product detail page, and the cross-sell products appear on the shopping cart page before customer checks out.

The text that appears on the product detail page says "Also Purchased".
You can simply change that text to say "Also viewed" or "Also viewed by customers" by going to your admin area >> configfuration >> languages >> view string resources >> filter the second column on "Also purchased".
Change the value "Also purchased" to "Also viewed" and save.
7 years ago
Thanks a lot ! But is this the proper way to do this or a workaround? I mean shouldn't it be implemented programatically so that it finds the products dynamically without doing any configuration from admin panel
7 years ago
This is a completely acceptable way to achieve it.
There is no "built-in" logic to be able to actually determine which products were truly "also viewed" by other customers...

There is a plugin called CustomerInterests which does give you an idea of what all your customers are viewing, but it isn't tied to the "Related Products" at all.. you'd have to then actually go set your related products using that information you gleaned from this plugin...
7 years ago
Thank you very much
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.