Multiple Distributors

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have searched the forums and haven't found a solid answer to this... I have SKU #12345 currently from Distributor A. I want to bring on other distributors that also sell SKU #12345 but I want to be able to track inventory and cost for Distributor B, & C while only showing SKU #12345 on the website to my customers once. I want to be able to choose which distributor (A, B or C) to send an order to depending upon who has it in stock and who is the cheapest.

Does anyone know of a solution or way to do this in NOP?
7 years ago
rhwd2003 wrote:
I have searched the forums and haven't found a solid answer to this... I have SKU #12345 currently from Distributor A. I want to bring on other distributors that also sell SKU #12345 but I want to be able to track inventory and cost for Distributor B, & C while only showing SKU #12345 on the website to my customers once. I want to be able to choose which distributor (A, B or C) to send an order to depending upon who has it in stock and who is the cheapest.

Does anyone know of a solution or way to do this in NOP?

This is not available out of the box so it needs customization work. As I understand you want to sell your products with the information and price provided by A and later as a backend process (which you have to create) after the order has been paid. decide which supplier will you use. I see 2 options to handle this.

1) With the multi-vendor feature, add the products of other vendors (distributors) as unpublished products with SKU #12345B, 12345C etc. with the corresponding stock and cost
2) Use grouped product with variants feature and add the products of B, C, etc. as unpublished products associated to the original grouped product with SKU #12345B, 12345C etc. with the corresponding stock and cost
7 years ago
Eduardo really good suggestion, thanks for that advice!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.