How to create a custom plugin for VEHICLE Search containing Make, Model, Year, Engine and Fuel for products in a carparts store.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello, I am working on a Carparts store but I need a functionality of car parts eCommerce to search for products basing on the vehicles information. I can get the vehicles data but I don't how to connect it to the products and later create a search basing on that vehicle data. I saw a plugin in the Nop commerce market but it leaves out some fields that I require and its a bit expensive for me. Similar functioanlity can be seen on eurocarparts.com

Please help.
7 years ago
Here's a plugin which does what you want:
https://www.nop-templates.com/ajax-filters-pro-plugin-for-nopcommerce

Maybe that is the one you mentioned?

That is the only one I know of that allows for drilling down that deeply. I'd suggest that you contact the developers to see if it is possible to add the features you require..either as a feature addition to the existing plugin, or as a custom plugin just for your site.

Actually, there's another Ajax search plugin which I am using on a custom motorcycle parts website that was extensible enough to accomplish my goals. It is only $50.
Here's the development site I am working on now using that filter plugin. (left column near top) I simply set up some specification attributes and applied them to the wheel products.

Whatever you come up with, you will need to create many different Specification Attributes in order to fully allow customers to filter their search results.
7 years ago
embryo wrote:

Whatever you come up with, you will need to create many different Specification Attributes in order to fully allow customers to filter their search results.

This is more complicated than that because you can have dozens of vehicle combinations that fit one part. We have done this kind of searches (example www.interfilcom) creating a Fitment Table with a record for each SKU: manufacturer/brand, model, year range, engine and SKU. For a catalog of around 700 product  the table , considering vehicle models from 1940 to 2017 the table has more than 20K records. Then you have to build your filter that shows the posible options in each step of the 4 steps search ( manufacturer/brand, model, year range, engine). The plugin coding took about 2 weeks.

If you saw this plugin and it meets your needs the $99 can save you a lot of work.
7 years ago
@Tecnofin

I like your solution though the user has to select his/her vehicle each time they want to search for a part. Is there an option to keep the selected vehicle across different pages. Just like on eurocarparts.
7 years ago
BbaaleEmz wrote:
@Tecnofin

I like your solution though the user has to select his/her vehicle each time they want to search for a part. Is there an option to keep the selected vehicle across different pages. Just like on eurocarparts.

If you are selling few types of parts (example filters, tires, brakes and radiators) my suggestion applies; just make sure that the search gives the results of all parts that fit the searched vehicle. Otherwise you should build it as a filter as described by Embryo
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.