EXCEL products import problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,

I have some issues with importing products from excel to nopCommerce.
I am using nopCommerce 3.80 and I need to upload an excel file with 1500 records( more excel files will come, this is just the first step).
In order to see the excel template that I must use, I created 2 products in nopCommerce and then I exported them.
After my excel file was ready I put in the excel template only a few records to check if the import is ok. And the fun started. I got a message that the products have been imported, but in the Admin ares -> Products there were the only 2 products that I previously created manually.
I checked every column the be sure that there weren't any problems regarding spaces or missing records. I tried several times importing the products but without success. Everytime I got the message that the products were successfully imported but none were shown in the product list in the Admin area (see attached photo).

I thought that I'm doing something wrong with the excel file, so to eliminate this issue I tried the following. I exported the 2 products created manually. Then I deleted them form nopCommerce and then I imported the excel file ( without making any modification to it). Same result. I got the message that the products were imported but they were not in the list.

I also tried importing the full excel file ( about 1500 records ) and then some split versions of this file ( around 500 records ). Same result again.

The funny part is that at one time, when I tried to import the big file ( 1500 records ) the products did apear in the Admin area, but not all of them, just around 1100 products. I couldn't notice doing something differently from the previous tries, so it's a mistery to me why this time was partially successfull.

What could be important to mention is that when I installed first time the nopcommerce platform, I did some tests with importing few products. Everything was ok, the imports were successfull. Since then, the only thing that changed was the categories structure, meaning that I added a lot more categories  .

Any ideas on this problem ?
7 years ago
Hello again,

I managed to figure out the problem regarding the products import.
It seems that if you delete a product ( which has a SKU, let's say 111 ) and then try to import from excel the same SKU ( 111 in this case ) you get the message "Products have been imported successfully.", but the product doesn't appear in the list.

In my opinion we are talking about 2 bugs in the platform here.
First, we should not get this message of "successful import" because it is obviously not successful. Instead, there should be a warning that the import failed, with the reason of the failure.
Secondly, nopCommerce should have some procedure to erase from the database the SKUs of the products that were deleted ( and never had any operations like selling ).

In my case, I uploaded 1600 products and then realized that the SKUs of those products were actually reserved in my company for other products. At the moment, it felt easier to delete them all from the nopcommerce admin and then correct the excel file ( I kept the SKUs and put the correct products ) and re-import all of them.

Hope this will help others.
7 years ago
Hello,

Anyone from nopCommerce team can tell me how to erase the SKUs of the deleted products ?
I really need to use those values.

Thank you!
7 years ago
Please check these links:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8682/why-are-records-not-really-deleted-in-the-database.aspx
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/32769/how-to-delete-products-in-bulk.aspx
7 years ago
Thank you !

I checked the links, didn't found the solution, but in the end I deleted the data from the SQL Server Management Studio.
I still believe that this issue is not properly managed by nopCommerce team ( though nobody argued otherwise :) ).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.