Add New Topic To header or to

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have added a new Topic under the Administration Interface.  It is called TipsandSupport.  I want to add this to either the header bar that contains the headings like "MY ACCOUNT, BLOG, and CONTACT US".  I would also be fine with adding it to the information area on the left side that contains things like, "ABOUT US, SHIPPING AND RETURNS".

Can this be added by just editing a file or do I need to have the source code (which I don't have).  I see other posts but can't quite figure out how to do this.  I assume my file is TipsAndSupport, but can not figure out where it is located or what to add to get the pages to point to it.

Thanks.
13 years ago
You can just edit the following files:
- \Modules\HeaderMenu.ascx
- \Modules\InfoBlock.ascx
13 years ago
Great.  Thanks for the help.  The only problem I have is the text under the info bar is lowercase.  This is what I added.

li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/Topic/11-open-water-swimming-tips.aspx")%>"
<%=GetLocaleResourceString("Open Water Swimming Tips")%></a></li>

When I add <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Content.OpenWaterSwimmingTips")%></a></li> is just displays that entire string.  Am I overlooking the obvious?  I used the other items already in the file and just tried to mimic they way they were listed.

Thanks.
13 years ago
see if these post help you :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3590
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3051
13 years ago
Thank you for the assistance.  I needed to create the localization.  All good now.  Thank you.
13 years ago
I'm trying to add a (topic)page with a Menu Item on the top menu.
I created a new 'Topic' call 'ReferralProgram' I want the  Menu item to read 'Referral Program'.
Then I edited the 'modules/HeaderMenu.ascx' by adding the following lines of code:
<li><a href="<%=CommonHelper.GetStoreLocation()%>">
            <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Control.ReferralProgram")%></a> </li>

I don't get an error, but I get this on the menu 'Content.ReferralProgram' as a menu item.
And I get the contents of the Home page displayed in the page content area.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Mike
13 years ago
I also added a new 'Resource Name' and 'Resource Value' under 'Localization':
'Content.ReferralProgram'
and
'Referral Program'

Didn't make any difference.
13 years ago
Figured it out!

I needed to use this code in the 'Modules/HeaderMenu.ascx' :

<li><a href="<%=Page.ResolveUrl("~/ReferralProgram.aspx")%>">
                <%=GetLocaleResourceString("Content.ReferralProgram")%></a></li>

I copied the Aboutus.aspx and renamed it ReferralProgram.aspx.
Edited the ReferralProgram.aspx as follows:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TwoColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true"
    Inherits="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.AboutUsPage" Codebehind="ReferralProgram.aspx.cs" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="Topic" Src="~/Modules/Topic.ascx" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph1" runat="Server">
    <nopCommerce:Topic ID="topicReferralProgram" runat="server" TopicName="ReferralProgram">
    </nopCommerce:Topic>
</asp:Content>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.