Unexpected behavior when using Require Other Products feature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hello,
I am trying to use the Require other products feature in v3.80 but am having trouble. I have a T-shirt product and I want to allow the customer to select from a number of logos'images to print on the T-shirt. These logos may be dynamic and each one is associated with a "contributor" and must be tracked.

So I set up the T-shirt product and a second Logo product. For the Logo product, I set up an attribute with an entry for each image. My thinking is that the customer selects the T-shirt (including size and color), and adds to the shopping cart, at which point the system would prompt for the second required product (the logo).

Instead, when customer adds the t-shirt product, an error message appears saying "This product requires the following product is added to the cart:<product name>". I can't figure out how the customer is supposed to get the logo product into the cart - does that need to happen first? If so, I need to find another solution for this.

Input?
7 years ago
Even if you try to "add to cart" from the home page (or search or category) a product that has required attributes, it brings you to the product page so that you can select the required attribute.  So, it won't "Automatically add..." required products to the cart if they have required attributes.

Why do you need the separate "second Logo product"?  Can't you but the logo attribute on the T-Shirt product itself?
7 years ago
Thanks New York,
Actually, I discovered some more:

If the required product has no attributes, the system throws a message saying "This product requires the following product is added to the cart:<product name>".
If the required product has attributes, the system throws a message saying <product name>.<attribute name>.

I need the second logo product because the logos may be dynamic (we will be adding new logos all the time), they each need to be tracked to purchases for royalty purposes, and we have a many to many relationship: many custom products for which you may select from many logos. Setting up a logo attribute for each of our many products will be a product maintenance nightmare. However, I may end up taking this route and setting up a product maintenance utility to make things easier to manage.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.