Entity framework, finally an ORM of any kind!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am glad to see entity framework being mixed into nopcommerce. I am tired of...

a) modifying the whole flow between the DAL and BLL anytime I want to make a small/unique query. I normally hate to do all the work so I will work with ADO.NET. Not a big fun, but I am annoyed of the bloated DAL with no ORM.

b) changing a single data property on a model which causes me to manually type in 30 parameters in a bloated signature. I would perfer an Update(Product), etc, which the entity framework supports!

Thanks much!
13 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
a) modifying the whole flow between the DAL and BLL anytime I want to make a small/unique query. I normally hate to do all the work so I will work with ADO.NET. Not a big fun, but I am annoyed of the bloated DAL with no ORM.

You're more than welcome to test our EF implementation. Download the latest source code from our codeplex TFS
13 years ago
Yes great work,  although I'll miss NHibernate as the choice  _some_ kind of ORM is a vast improvement over the crud sprocs.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.