Custom Plugin - 3rd Party DLL is blowing up my site

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have a custom plugin that uses ExpertPDF's Html-to-Pdf converter.  Once I build my custom plugin, it copies over the DLLs to its plugin folder under "Nop.Web/Plugins".  Unfortunately, the site breaks when it tries to load the "epengine.dll".  If I delete this DLL, the site will come up without any problems.  

My guess is the "epengine.dll" is an unmanaged dll which ASP.NET/IIS/NOP is trying to load.  Is there any way to tell IIS, ASP.NET, or NOP to exclude this dll from being loaded on site startup?
7 years ago
The best solution I've found so far is here.

Be mindful of your App Pool process though.  If you set it up to allow 32-bit applications, then you might need to copy the unmanaged dll into the "SysWOW64/inetsvr" folder instead.

I'm left still wondering if there's an easier web.config setting that can ignore this dll though.  Does anyone else have a solution to this particular problem?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.