Google Analytics with Enhanced e-Commerce Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi All,

We have just released our latest version of our Google Analytics with Enhanced e-Commerce Plugin which now supports nopCommerce 3.90!

In this version we have made it possible to configure which value from the order is sent as the transaction total.

You can find out more about our plugin here: http://www.dynamics-consultants.co.uk/solutions/e-commerce/nopcommerce-e-commerce-plugins/dc-google-analytics-with-enhanced-e-commerce

Thanks,
Phil
7 years ago
Thanks for doing this - tracking Net Profit is a no-brainer on an E-Commerce site - so this is a welcome upgrade!

Wondering if the plugin allows for enhanced click tracking?  

When you enable enhanced visitor tracking in Google Analytics it gives you a Script that needs:

A unique PAGE_ID parameter that needs to be replaced. It is a unique alphanumeric text value for every web page. It needs to be consistent for each page.

Second, a USER_ID parameter than needs to be replaced. It is a unique numeric integer value for every website visitor. It should stay consistent while a visitor is on that website. Ideally it would use cookies to store that value and then retrieve it if they come back.
7 years ago
Hi 3wing,

This is something we could look to add to our plugin.
Could you point us towards some documentation for Google's 'enhanced visitor tracking' that you mentioned, as we cannot find anything specific?

Thanks

Phil
7 years ago
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123666
7 years ago
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123662?hl=en&utm_id=ad
7 years ago
Hi 3wing,

Having looked at the documentation, we could easily add the user_id field into our plugin. Our suggestion is that we add the user_id field only for registered users, as we don't feel using the anonymous user id will give you any benefit over the standard Google session id.

How does that sound, would that work for your needs?

Thanks

Phil
7 years ago
Honestly, we care more about non-registered users than registered users. The registered users have already bought. We need click tracking info on non-buyers.
7 years ago
Ok, well, I don't think adding the user_id for non registered users is going to give you any further insights than you already have.

From your point of view, what is missing from Google Analytics that is stopping you analysing the stats for non buyers?

You should be able to create a segment for 'non converters' (users who have not made a purchase), and then use that segment on reports such as Behaviour Flow to see which pages they are viewing. You can even use the User Explorer report to follow a user across multiple sessions: e.g.:

7 years ago
Forgive me if I'm wrong - but you can't use segments while analyzing Users Flow or Behavior flow - you can only view All Users.  User-based segments are disabled for flow reports.
7 years ago
Hi,

Yes, sorry, you are correct. I forgot you can only use session based segments to filter the flow views.

I think I am still not fully understanding how adding the user_id field to anonymous users would allow you to use GA in any different way to how you can already.

Phil
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.