Pages are not loading in Visual studio 2010

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I have installed the current version of nopCommerce (v1.6) on my local server using SQL server express.
I have downloaded the version with source code and have installed it without problems.
When I go to open any .aspx pages it opens perfectly but when you switch to design view all you can see is broken image's and databound labels. It looks as if it is not using the CSS as the layout is single coloum down the left hand side of the page. When I run the solution through the local host it appears perfectly in the web browser, but when I go back to the visual studio design page it still does not render correctly.
Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thankyou
13 years ago
Hiya, yes this is the way it works for me. The page is actually built at runtime by the IIS in conjunction with sqlserver and so its not till then it runs the scripts and the code fills all the fields with data, being variable in size. All of this html and various assortments of code is then sent to your browser which renders and produces what you see.

Maybe they could do within a window inside VS10 but just as easily you can run a browser outside of VS10 and achieve the same result. Which is essentially what happens when you run debug which at the same time allows you to see what's happening inside the program as well as what is being displayed. Not sure if there is any other way to do it ?

In a sense you know the format and layout and where the fields are on the form you are working with i.e. 1 column or 2 columns, etc and you know what your data looks like, so stuff just gets put in those columns using the CSS and JavaScript’s  to format it in very simplified terms.

I'm sure there are other tools people use along the way to help in the design process which I'd be interested in as well ?
13 years ago
Thanks for your reply.
Yeah it seems as if that is what is happening.
It makes it really hard to change the layout as when I am editing the CSS on my other monitor usually I can see it updating the page while I edit the CSS on the other, with nopCommerce I have to build the solution every time I want to look at the changes I have made. It also makes it nearly impossible to place new controls into the webpage without fiddling with them for an hour before they are in the right position.
Has anyone else found a solution to this problem? whenever I have coded other websites by hand in visual studio I have been able to edit the layout without having to build the solution.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.