Select Currency based on Country/IP in Currency Selector

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I have two currencies to be shown. However based upon country or IP, i want to pre select currency in currency selector, to facilitate the customer.

Is there any way to select Currency based on Country/IP in Currency Selector?
7 years ago
manishpenkar wrote:
I have two currencies to be shown. However based upon country or IP, i want to pre select currency in currency selector, to facilitate the customer.

Is there any way to select Currency based on Country/IP in Currency Selector?

This is not an answer of the question, but one counter question.

Assume you've configured currency Canadian Dollar(CAD) for Canadian ip address and Indian Rupee(INR)for Indian ip address. Now someone trying to access your website from Russia, which currency need to be displayed?
7 years ago
Yes. The question make sense. You are right.

However right now we are ignoring that case. In future we may decide to have one currency to be default (like USD) in case we have customers from other countries.
7 years ago
Check this post:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/30555/set-languagecurrency-by-geoip-help.aspx
7 years ago
The above solution depends on browser language setting(i.e. User side setting). I am not sure but default browser language setting (United States - English) and many people won't change it. So this won't work in country like India.

Is there any other solution?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.