new site install v3.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
hi there
im going to move my ecommerce site currently with vevocart to the nopcommerce solution.

my  site is a live site so what i would like to do is

set up the new nopcommerce site on another unrelated domain url i.e site1.com  

(as the live one is in use and taking orders)

import all my products etc and get it working on the unrelated domain site1.com

once its working take down the live site and rename the other domain url site1.com to my live site

url will this work?

the reason for doing this is to allow my live site to continue while i set up the new site on nopcommerce

Thanks !
7 years ago
toadman wrote:

will this work?

Yes, you need to map your domain with the new site!
7 years ago
hi there
thanks for the reply. sorry im new to this and dont know what you mean by domain mapping. when i change the test site to the live site do i need to do more than just rename the test site ?
7 years ago
toadman wrote:
hi there
thanks for the reply. sorry im new to this and dont know what you mean by domain mapping. when i change the test site to the live site do i need to do more than just rename the test site ?

If you're using IIS, then you'll need to update host name. Or if you're using shared hosting service then need to map domain from "Hosting Control Panel".
7 years ago
hi there
thanks for the reply.
im installing on windows shared hosting
sorry im a total newbie to all of this! both sites would run on the same server for a while. i.e live site and test site.
i assumed i could create the test site / db in my shared windows hosting account under a different unrelated domain name.
Then when i was ready change the test domain name - to the live site name. (renaming the old live site to something else just before)
both sites would be on the same server.
would that work?
thanks !
7 years ago
toadman wrote:
hi there
thanks for the reply.
im installing on windows shared hosting
sorry im a total newbie to all of this! both sites would run on the same server for a while. i.e live site and test site.
i assumed i could create the test site / db in my shared windows hosting account under a different unrelated domain name.
Then when i was ready change the test domain name - to the live site name. (renaming the old live site to something else just before)
both sites would be on the same server.
would that work?
thanks !

Hi,

yes that will work!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.