shipping rate computation method cannot be loaded

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I do not know what happened. I am running NOP 3.70 and all was working well until now. All items are set up as free shipping in the catalog. Now when a customer goes to the check out there is a code that will not let you go any further. It says "shipping rate computation method cannot be loaded" I have looked everywhere in the admin and I cannot seem to make any changes that will fix this. I even tried to set up the Free shipping on items over X (and put 1.00) This did not work either. All items in the catalog will always be free shipping. I need some help

Please and Thank you
Robert
7 years ago
Go to admin > configuration > shipping > shipping rate computation methods, and ensure that you have at least one method active
7 years ago
That did the trick, but you have to have a active account with the carrier so it can get the shipping amount, but it did not charge it at the check out because we have it set to free shipping on the items.
Thanks for your help
7 years ago
RE: "have a active account with the carrier"

If you will always be offering Free Shipping, then it would be better to use the Fixed Rate shipping rate calc method, so you don't incur time of a call to carrier API.
7 years ago
I have not seen that and how does it work
7 years ago
In 3.70 admin configuration for Shipping rate calculation methods...
You must already have seen it if you configured a "carrier" plugin (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS).
You should also see a "Fixed Rate" calculation method. (It comes out-of-the-box, unless you uninstalled it)
7 years ago
I will check it out and see how it works
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.