affiliate problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
Hi

I am testing the affiliate feature of nopcommerce 3.9 and noticed that for a registered user placing an order, the affilateid is stored in the user record, as well as the order.

However, if the user clicks a different affiliate link the new affiliateid is not updated in either the user record or the order record but defaults to the one stored in the registered user record.

This means that the new affiliate will not get credit for the sale. We have a process where the user may use a different affiliate each time they shop.

is there a way around this?

Thanks!
7 years ago
Some more comments about affiliate behavior

Just wondering.... If I visit an affiliate site and click the link to shop, the affiliate id for that merchant is stored in my user record and used forever. But what if I do not want that affiliate to get credit for my shopping if I went to the store directly? I think the affiliateid should only be for that specific shopping experience. I can see maybe that the affiliateid  stored in the user record is used as a default if the user didn't come from an affiliate site.

Could I set a trigger to delete the affiliate id from the user record once an order is placed? (it would still in the order record so I can generate reports correct). Would that affect anything?

thoughts?
7 years ago
Please check: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/36321/affiliate-customers-seem-to-belong-to-1st-affiliate-only.aspx
7 years ago
Thanks Eduardo

Yes I confirmed that but the behavior is odd. The affiliate association should be driven by the affiliate link not by the first affiliate link clicked. I can see that maybe a default affiliate is saved in the user record and is used if the user goes directly to the store without clicking an affiliate link. But the affiliate id in the order should be driven by the clicked affiliate link and value in the url.

So now that this is confirmed as normal behavior, anyone have any ideas as to how to get around it? I am not a coder but maybe a trigger can be set to clear the affiliateid in the user record after each order? or maybe the stored procedure could be modified not to update the affiliateid in the user record? I am hoping that a solution could be found that does not require modifying the code

Can this be done without affecting other processes?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Carl
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.