Storing "I agree conditions of use / Terms & conditions"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
In 1.6version new feature has been introduced  - a checkbox that has to be checked which says "I agree conditions of use / Terms & conditions. "

But logically this checkbox is useless rather than just a validation check in the checkout process.

Because the purpose of asking online customer to check this checkbox is to ask the customer whether he/she agree with the online store's terms and conditions or not.

What if an online store doesn't not accept/refund sold items and after placing order a customer comes to know that there is a problem with the product and wants to return it now in this situation the website/online store owner will be in problem because website  owner/admin don't have any proof that he can show to the customer  that customer accepted terms and conditions before buying that project (ie. store doesn't refund/accept sold items)

what if website admin shows the option on the website to the customer and customer claims that this option(of accepting terms / conditions) was not there when he/she purchased the item ?

there could be many situations when admin / store owner could be in problem as there is no proof that customer marked the checkbox " I agree conditions of use / Terms & conditions" or not.

My suggestion  -  This checkbox option should be stored along with the customer name in the database , as well as in the order details and a single line should be there on the order.PDF invoice too something like "You accepted terms and conditions".
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:

My suggestion  -  This checkbox option should be stored along with the customer name in the database , as well as in the order details and a single line should be there on the order.PDF invoice too something like "You accepted terms and conditions".[/b]

Interesting point, but it applies to any business trading online, not simply to nop users.

Any storeowner could change the terms and conditions at any time and there would be little chance for a customer to prove anything - even if they printed out the terms (a customer could edit the text before they printed it )

Also, there would be no point storing the checkbox data because any storeowner/developer could manually edit the data anyway, so it would prove nothing.

The simple fact is, it's better to set out your terms and conditions in full before a sale and ask the user to acknowledge them and, if this option is selected, the checkbox is required so the user cannot contuinue checkout unless they accept the terms - so it's up to them to be aware of a stores policy - and it makes sense for the storeowner to set them out and ask user to read them.

( UK users, note : all online traders are required to have an 'accept terms' checkbox )

Now, as far as i'm concerned, ConditionsInfoPopup.aspx   is perfect.

but to go some way to address your thoughts, as an idea, then it might be useful to open the terms and conditions (when clicked in the cart link) as a PDF document which the user can    save or   print
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.