Vendor List by User ID in Admin Console - Vendor Role

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 years ago
I'm getting ready to launch a Multi-Site Store application. Based on Nop Commerce 3.8
- Store 1 is a Market Place where Users search for Vendor solutions
- Store 2 is a traditional E-Commerce site where products or solutions can be purchased from a Vendor
- All of the products are managed by Vendors

Vendors will be attached to their Customer ID with the Vendor role and the ACL enabled to allow Vendor and Product editing. The intent is to have the Vendor manage their Vendor and Product settings.

When a Vendor Logs in and selects Administration they will see the Products and Vendor menu options.

When a Vendor selects the 'Vendors' option - All Vendors are listed
- The Vendor list should only be populated with the Vendor their Account is assigned to.
- The Vendor List Controller retrieves all Vendors
- I have a fix but that would require modifying the base Nop Commerce code
- Has this been fixed in version 3.9 ?

The Product List Controller checks to see if a Vendor is logged in and only displays the Vendor Products. This is working correctly.

I have developed Vendor Extension Plug-In that provides
- An Icon Carousel - Displays all Vendors or filtered by the Top Level Category that is clicked
- Additional Vendor Information - Vendor URL, Contact Name, Social Links.. displayed in the product box
- A custom request for Information form

The Plug-in is linked to the Vendor Configuration page.

The plug-in checks to see if the current user is a Vendor and only displays their Vendor information.

I would prefer not to modify the base Nop Commerce application.

- If this has not been fixed are their any workarounds that don't require code modifications ?
7 years ago
This topic is solved.

Added a method in the Vendor Services to query Vendors by User ID
Added code to the Vendor Controller to test for a vendor logged in and set the Search value to the Vendor name returned by the query.

When a User logs in as a Vendor and they open the Admin console and select Vendors all they see is what they have been assigned to.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.