Upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 missing some Resource Strings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello Nopsters!

I just upgraded a site from 1.5 to 1.6 and although I thought I did it correctly, I now have a problem.  It seems I am missing some of the language for the labels on the search page.  

On the search page next to the textbox I see: "search.searchkeyword" and next to the checkbox right below it I see: "search.advancedsearch"  instead of the proper text.

A cursory inspection of the code in search.ascx  shows this code:
GetLocaleResourceString("Search.SearchKeyword")

So how do I fix it?  Can I just add in the text to the language table?  What do I need to add?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Regards
Russ
13 years ago
go to language, resource strings and add it!!!!!!!!

saludos!
13 years ago
Thanks for your reply.  

yes I expected I could do so, but on further inspection it seems I am missing the Resource Strings in several places.  Since my initial post I've discovered several more places where the text is missing, So something is amiss with the Nop_LocaleStringResource table.

SOLVED - I truncated and reloaded the Nop_LocaleStringResource from the createData.sql script in the install folder.
13 years ago
im just learning.. how do you do that?
13 years ago
Okay What I did in detail

I opened the MSSQL Data Studio Tool, right clicked on the database,

I then clciked on the Tables-->Nop_LocaleStringResource  table and selected new query

I then typed the following:  TRUNCATE TABLE Nop_LocaleStringResource in the query window  

I then clicked on EXECUTE  button. This clears the table

In the window explorer I then navigated to nopCommerce_1.60->Install->Scripts

and opened nopCommerce_createData.sql  file in text editor.  

I searched for Nop_LocaleStringResource  and found where the INSERT statement started in the file at line 1292

I highlighted to the end of the inserts, at line 6145  copied and pasted into the Query editor window
(I deleted the TRUNCATE Statement)

I then hit execute button..  Viola!  Table reloaded.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.