403 - Forbidden:Access is denied

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I get the following error when I attempt to access the Administration area.  This happens AFTER I successfully login as Administrator and the link appears in the header.  When I click on the link, the page displays this:

I installed nopCommerce 1.6 as the Default Website into the default website directory.

Please help, I cannot find any topics on this in your support Forums.

Matthew
13 years ago
encapsul wrote:
I get the following error when I attempt to access the Administration area.  This happens AFTER I successfully login as Administrator and the link appears in the header.  When I click on the link, the page displays this:

I installed nopCommerce 1.6 as the Default Website into the default website directory.

Please help, I cannot find any topics on this in your support Forums.

Matthew

A 403 error is displayed when no default document is configured for the URL and directory browsing is disabled. Do you have "default.aspx" as a default document defined for the Administration directory in IIS? Can you access the admin area if you add default.aspx to the URL? For example, http://www.example.com/Administration/default.aspx

Reference: How to add a default document for IIS 7 [IIS.net]

13 years ago
I see.  I had changed the default document for the root to accomodate other static pages in our website...I just added default.aspx as the second option in the default list and it works.

Thank for the quick response.  You have a quality product and I'll be spreading the word.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.