ResetCheckoutData during add to cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
NopTeam,

What is the reason that the Default shipping and billing address in a customer are reset to 0 when a item is added to the cart in ResetCheckOutData that's called by addtocart in the CustomerManager.   I'm using 1.6.

The 1st reason I ask is that im adding a estimate shipping charge display on the shopping cart page.  So if a user is already logged in and they have set the default shipping address then I get the zipcode from that.   If they are not logged in then the user can enter their zipCode in a text box and click a button.  I also save their zipcode to a cookie so it sticks.

The 2nd reason is Ive modified the One Page Checkout so it skips the address steps if a default billing and/or shipping address are set to save the user time.  they can still modify them or add new if they choose.

If I remove the code where it sets these to 0 from ResetCheckoutData will this cause any adverse affects?  so far I haven't seen any but just want to double check.

Thanks
-Keith
13 years ago
SonicImaging wrote:
If I remove the code where it sets these to 0 from ResetCheckoutData will this cause any adverse affects?

Keith,

I think it should work fine
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.