nopCommerce approves order but does not bill PayPal

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have PayPal setup and have run orders through it.  However, now I have users failing to complete the transaction through PayPal and it is sending out an email saying the order completed.

Either PayPal is sending the IPN through when it shouldn't or nopCommerce is doing something it shouldn't.

I have not upgraded to the newest version of nopCommerce.  1.60?  Anyone have any ideas?

Note:  I was pointing to a nopCommerce installation from another site via an iframe.  I thought this was the issue:

GOT THE FOLLOWING FROM PAYPAL
Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

ANOTHER ERROR I AM GETTING

If I do the simplest transaction and don't go through the iframe, I get the dreaded:

Sorry you cannot use this card to complete the transaction..... (basic wording)

This is very frustrating.  nopCommerce has potential, but I see a ton that needs to be reworked.  But, in the meantime I have to have it up for a customer.
13 years ago
Certainly if's only a development site then I don't see any reason why you would not use the latest version which may have the possible bug you experienced fixed ?
13 years ago
Certainly, but when implementing, I had to start somewhere.  We got it working by not using any dimensions on the packages.  Then we had a few orders where we knew the total.  So, we modified the weight to get really close to the actual calculation.  So far this seems to work.  All dimensions set to 0.00
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.