Store URL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
hi there
we are running v3.9
can anyone tell me what the field "Store URL" found under /Admin/Store/Edit/1 controls ?
im looking to build a store on an unrelated url to my live site and then when its ready use the d/b and files to move and override my live site?
would this work or would some settings prevent the d/b and files being used on different url?

Thanks !!!
6 years ago
Store URL is critical and is used internally for many things like supplying image refs for all your photos, and telling the keep-alive scheduled task what URL to ping...

Of course, it's your job to do, but it's much easier to just build out a new nopCommerce site at a remote URL and when you've got it ready to go, point DNS for your domain to the new site. Minutes as opposed to hours.
6 years ago
toadman wrote:
hi there
we are running v3.9
can anyone tell me what the field "Store URL" found under /Admin/Store/Edit/1 controls ?
im looking to build a store on an unrelated url to my live site and then when its ready use the d/b and files to move and override my live site?
would this work or would some settings prevent the d/b and files being used on different url?

Thanks !!!

Table_Name: dbo.Store
6 years ago
Thanks for the answers.

Embryo could you help me a little more with your explanation?

"it's much easier to just build out a new nopCommerce site at a remote URL and when you've got it ready to go, point DNS for your domain to the new site. Minutes as opposed to hours"

this sounds good.

If my live site url is www.live.co.uk and i want to keep this url / domain name (for seo its 7 years old)
and i build the nopcommerce store on www.test.co.uk
how do i make test.co.uk become live.co.uk ?

Thanks !
6 years ago
ps the reason im asking is that i am trying to avoid any down time on my live site when i switch it from the old platform to nopcommerce.

by building it first on a test site so ts all ready and tested then changing it to the live site.

thanks for any further advice!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.