Help on Publish from Local Host Project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello,

We have used NopCommerce source code and made modification on it adding custom menu and template. We have also entered all the data for our store. At the moment we are running everything on localhost using Visual Studio and database also on our laptop using locally installed SQL Server.

We want to publish the project with all the data and modification done on the project. We have imported the backup of database on our local pc to the server and successfully can see all the table and modification in it with data loaded.

When we move to transferring file from our locally hosted source code doing a publish of the build once transferring the published files on server it shows us the installation first step again.

we did try to install it using the same database we created and imported on the server from our local pc.

I request if someone can help me to know how can we have the same running NopCommerce script on our pc uploaded on the server with all modification and saved data in database.

I will look forward for a response as soon as possible from the community to help me on it.
6 years ago
speed.lover wrote:
Hello,
When we move to transferring file from our locally hosted source code doing a publish of the build once transferring the published files on server it shows us the installation first step again.

we did try to install it using the same database we created and imported on the server from our local pc.

No need to re-install DB at live server, you just have to upload updated DB and change the setting.txt file.

speed.lover wrote:

I request if someone can help me to know how can we have the same running NopCommerce script on our pc uploaded on the server with all modification and saved data in database.

If you want to add your custom changes to your live DB, just connect it with MS SQL server management studio, and run your script file.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.