nopCommerce Application absent in Install list .. / Steps to instal nopCommerce on Local server ..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi, I am using 2gbhosting.com as my host .. They make use of Plesk 8.6 .. In the web Application Install list, i cant find nopCommerce.. They said it should be there .. Can someone guide me as to how i can get the setup there, in the installation list..

Also if that is not possible What are the steps to install nopCommerce on my Local server.. I am using MSSQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 .. What else do i need ??

Please Help out ..
13 years ago
Hi,

to develop on your local machine, download the source code from here

https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx

and you are good to go with the software you have

- hayden
13 years ago
Thank you very much .. i was able to start the installation .. but ran into trouble regarding some exception ..

I ran the project and was on step 3 of the wizard where I ask it to create a new database for me. There it crashed:

namespace UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.Provider
{
    public class UrlRewritingProviderCollection : ProviderCollection
    {
        public override void Add(ProviderBase provider)
        {
            if (provider == null)
                throw new ArgumentNullException("provider");
            if (!(provider is UrlRewritingProvider))
            {
                string msg = string.Format("Provider must implement type {0}", typeof(UrlRewritingProvider).ToString());
                throw new ArgumentException(msg, "provider");
            }
            base.Add(provider);
        }
        public void CopyTo(UrlRewritingProvider[] providers, int index)
        {
            base.CopyTo(providers, index);
        }
        new public UrlRewritingProvider this[string name]
        {
            get
            {
                return (UrlRewritingProvider)base[name];
            }
        }
    }
}

An ArgumentException was thrown with these details "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'RegEx'  Key being added: 'RegEx'".

Can you please help with installing?

It will be of great help .. Also, Do you think i will face this issue while installing it on the web ??
13 years ago
base.Add(provider); is causing the problem ..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.