Google Analytics Duplication

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello.
I'm having a problem where the Google Analytics eCommerce sales figures are greater than what is being shown in nopCommerce.  I can see that there are some transactions which have been duplicated on GA.  I presume this is due to users refreshing the confirmation page or reloading it in some way which would cause the GA script to resend the figures.  I am trying to find a way to stop this happening.  My original thought is to have a database table which logs when the GA data is sent and is checked each time before it sends the data.  Has anyone done this already or is there a better way to accomplish this?  I am using nopCommerce version 3.70 and the standard GA widget.

Thanks.
6 years ago
I have not done this, so I can't speak to it as a possibility.
However, I can strongly recommend the Google Analytics with Enhanced Ecommerce plugin. With it installed and when "Enhanced Ecommerce" is enabled at GA, it captures many more relevant order details and does not allow duplicates to be counted. Definitely worth the price if you want to really be able to drill down into things.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.