Gift Voucher emails not arriving at hotmail addresses

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Just wondered if anyone else has had problems with the gift voucher emails not arriving at hotmail accounts? There aren't any errors or emails waiting in the message queue...
6 years ago
Do you have any graphics embedded in the Gift Certificate message template? Hotmail might be thinking it's some kind of spam..
6 years ago
Yes there are a few images in there, but even the email test function in the email settings screen won't send to hotmail, even though it sends to other email addresses...
6 years ago
Have you got access to the server to inspect the logs see if those emails are being rejected by the destination server for some reason?
6 years ago
The only logs I can see seem to show that the email has sent ok... but it's not arriving at my hotmail account...
6 years ago
The only logs I can see seem to show that the email has sent ok... but it's not arriving at my hotmail account...
6 years ago
WickedEye wrote:

I was referring to the smtp server logs. Although the smtp client may not return an error the destination server may reject the email. That happens after the smtp client processes the email so would be interpreted as the mail has been sent.

If the destination isp rejects the email it would be saved to C:\inetpub\mailroot\Badmail. The reason it failed along with the contents of the original email will be included in that file.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.