Parser error on storefront after installing / nop 5.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
After installing nopCommerce on my web host and finishing the install scripts, I get an error when trying to load the default.aspx page. Tips really appreciated! I have successfully installed an earlier version of nopCommerce on another shared hosting account, but this one is really stumping me.

The site is running on shared hosting on Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, and the host swears they have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed. App set to full trust.

Server Error in '/store' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'ctrlNewsList', but its type (NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.NewsListControl) is not compatible with the type of control (ASP.modules_newslist_ascx).

Source Error:

Line 22:     <div class="clear">
Line 23:     </div>
Line 24:     <nopCommerce:NewsList ID="ctrlNewsList" runat="server" />  
Line 25:     <div class="clear">
Line 26:     </div>

Source File: /store/Default.aspx    Line: 24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4205
13 years ago
Embarassing! Nevermind.

It turns out I had mis-synchronized my local and remote installations. So I accidentally copied a web.config file from nopCommerce 5.0 (local) to my nopCommerce 6.0 (remote) installation. Which led to some very confusing behavior!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.