Host on web server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello all,
Good Day!!!
I've downloaded the code version of nopCommerce.
did the changes in following sections
1. Banner
2. Category
3. Products
4. Themes

now I want to host this product on web server for example on goDaddy.
can any one help me in the steps to host it on goDaddy.

Shantesh
6 years ago
-- Restoring your website --

assuming you have already configure the domain to point to your website, please follow these instructions

1.via Visual Studio, publish your website to a local directory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofo6eIC8mfo)

2. Log in to your website control panel and upload your published content ( or via FTP ) to your hosting folder

3.log in to your local (development)website and change store URL to match your new URL, then  backup your local database and restore it on your Hosting provider's database server ( you may have to create the database first , if you encounter any issue, contact your hosting provider as they can help your quite easily)

4. update your Settings.txt file according to your new database configurations. ( Host, username , password, etc..)

5. Done!!

* most of the time it is advisable to Install a fresh instance and make your changes to it ( theme, plugins  or source code )
6 years ago
Hi Shantesh,

1. You just need to register with them first
2. Then, upload all your files to their root folder.
3. Restore your database, change your connection string
4. It should be working

If I can recommend, just find other hosting providers, dont host your site with Godaddy. Find other alternative
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.