Two questions??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Q1. If I build my nopCommerece store locally on my PC using VWD, is it then possbile to then move the entire store to my web server? Or would there be issues with the database? If so how would I do this?

Q2. If I build my store online, i.e. on a test domain, is it then possible to move the entire store to a new live domain, which is a different domain name completly? If so how would I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn.
13 years ago
Hello Glenn,

You can develop you site locally and once you happy with it you can:
upload all the files to you hosting then need to publish or re-create the database
and lastly you need to modify the connectionstring.config file with your new database connection.

All this steps can change depending on hosing provider.

Don't know if its the best way to do it but this is how I do it and it works for me :)
Hope this helps!
13 years ago
I agree with renzo

My preference is to download code onto local machine  and develop locally (It's faster for a start)

once it's ready, it's pretty straight forward to  upload via ftp

did you download   SQL server management studio     from microsoft website?  

- hayden
13 years ago
Thanks guys,

I did download all required resources and have my shop running on my local PC. I was just worried about the database. Do I also need to upload this, or where are all the changes, i.e. products & pricing etc kept?

I also have a shop up and running on a test (live) website. Is it possible to move this shop if I want?

Many thanks.
13 years ago
Hello.

You will need to upload only if you want to use your test data. I you want to start a fresh store you don't need to upload the database since nop will create it for you in the installation process.

You can move the shop from one place to another. the only aspect in need to take into account is the connectionstring.config file that must be changed.
13 years ago
great,

Thanks...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.