Build Your Own Computer: how is it done?!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi

For my store I need something exactly like your sample "Build Your Own Computer" product in your demo site but despite searching all over the user guide and Admin portal I couldn't figure out how that was doen!
Looking at the database it looks like those products need Product Variante Attributes and values but there is no place in Admin portal to define those and assigne them to a product.

One other thing I noticed is that in your "Build Your Own Computer" sample product page, when user selects different configuration the total price does not get updated and there is no Update or Recalculate Price button so customer wouldn't know the total price until he adds the product to the shopping card and at that point if he doesn't like the price he has to delete the item from shopping card, go back to product page, try a different configuration then add to shopping card again and so on.. very long and painful experience.
Is there any plan to add an auto or manual price update on that page?

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
It is funny.. right after I wrote that comment I went back to Admin portal and found the solution!
The answer is under "Product Variant" -> "Product Variant Attribute"

But still the question/request for auto/manual price update remains and would appreciate any comment.
13 years ago
Hi,

in admin go to :

configuration-->global settings     then select the 'other' tab - you will see the option

'Enable dynamic price update:'   tick the checkbox and then   save

Best regards,

Hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.