Back Office general performances problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am quite disapointed to see how bad are the performances in backoffice in such operations like managing categories or products.

By example the update of a simple description of a category out of the box, means more than ten seconds to update on my local computer configuration (really good configuration with 7.1 performance level on Win7... with local SQL Express database).

I tried to see what was the problem inspecting the code and I found while listening to the database calls with a profiler tool that more than 100 queries and stored procedures were sent for such a simple operation when just one would be sufficient.

Of course I know that using some framework patterns means that it is not simple to make single calls, but I hope it will be possible to makje more reasonable calls.

Thank you for any improvement on performances...

Otherwise this projects is very exciting !!!

sb
13 years ago
To confirm the views of sb.

I have over 1,000 categories and 18,000 products loaded onto the system. When I try and edit an individual product I have to give up after 10 minutes. If I comment out the Category tab from the product edit then the edit loads in about 2 seconds.

Can you advise on howm tpo deal with this.

PS Love the product!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.