search problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
In general the Search function works well for me.

One issue I stumbled upon though. When using the word Page as the search term (Page is a person's name mentioned in the title/description of some of our items) the search returns a list with ALL the items, including the ones that don't contain the word Page. Not sure why this is.
13 years ago
I now find that turning off (unticking) Advance Search but leave the 'Search in Description' ticked gives the right result and no longer brings up all the items.
13 years ago
This problem is more opaque than I though.

With Advance Search ON and Search in Description ON and Categories ALL and search term Page it displays all the items, whether they have 'Page' in them or not.

With Advance Search ON and Search in Description ON and Categories ALL and any other search term (so far) it displays the correct number of items

With Advance Search OFF and Search in Description ON and Categories ALL and search term Page only one item in one category is found. Another item that should have been found in another category is not displayed.

With Advance Search OFF and Search in Description ON and Categories ALL and search any other search term: one less item is found than should have been located. If there is only one item that fits the criterium it is not shown.

With Advance Search ON and Search in Description ON and Categories set to any category except the lowest level sub category (the one the items were actually linked to) no items are displayed where they should have been

With Advance Search ON and Search in Description ON and Categories set to the lowest level sub category (the sub cat the items were actually linked to) the correct number of items are shown
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.