Tier price for associated bundled products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hello,

I have found several topics somewhat related but nothing exactly like the issue I am experiencing. I am also not entirely certain if this is a bug or expected behavior but here goes:

A product sells for $100 with a tier discount for 2+ of $80 each
As expected, if you put 2 or more in the cart, the price will be $80 each.

However, if this same product is an associated product in a bundle and you have entered a quantity of 2 when configuring that bundle, it will use the base price of $100 rather than the tier price of $80

Essentially, the tier price is not being used even when the rule is met if it is part of a bundle. Is this correct?

Thanks
6 years ago
I don't think you can call it a bug, per se, but it is a frustrating thing to work around if the situation calls for it.

We found that this plugin which allowed us to configure "bundled products" with special pricing options was the simplest way to accomplish it:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1224/modularproduct-v2-sets-of-products-furniture-dishes-collections-of-products-etc-foxnetsoftcom.aspx

There's another, newer plugin available now..not sure if it's exactly the same..but worth looking at:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/2589/bundled-discounts-buy-together-plugin.aspx
6 years ago
Hi Embryo,

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the input. I am familiar with both of those plugins and neither met our requirement. We are having a custom bundle plugin developed and came to realize that tier prices were not being used for products that were part of the bundle. Initially I thought is was an issue with our custom plugin but were able to reproduce it in the standard bundle functionality as well.

It was my assumption that if you purchase 2 or more of a product to get the better tier price that it would apply even if those 2 were bundled with other products but I guess not.

Thanks again
6 years ago
Once part of a different product (a bundle) the individual components have no special characteristics of their own, and their inventory must be factored separately.

Had nopC been developed in the way you described, I'll bet that an equal or even greater number of folks in the community would have preferred it the other way around...
The nopCommerce developers take great care to not over-complicate things so that the majority of developers and store owners are allowed the flexibility to accomplish their specific goals. I, for one, really appreciate this.
6 years ago
I certainly understand the considerations that must have been made and you are probably right that the current behavior is likely suiting the majority. Considering that a bundle is generally created for the sake of offering a "better deal" than its individual products, it is probably best to not have it's sub-components tier pricing interfering with the deal that is likely offered by the bundle. As for nopCommerce platform - couldn't agree more, brilliant in so many ways.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.