Installing plugins

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 years ago
Hi All, are there specific permissions required on file system (for iis apppool\[name]) and database when installing plugins? It seems that locally all gets installed OK but when trying to add new plugins on the live/online site, it says installed but then there are errors. For instance

The controller for path '/Plugins/DiscountRulesPurchasedAllProducts/Configure/' was not found or does not implement IController.
A public action method 'null' was not found on controller 'Nop.Admin.Controllers.PluginController'.

in the log and on discounts when selected it shows "Failed to load requirement content."

Same plugin installs fine on local machine. So I assume something couldn't be copied or can't be accessed due to permission on production server.

Thanks
Pavel
6 years ago
May be this helps you!

The controller for path was not found or does not implement IController.

The controller for path '/' was not found or does not implement IController
6 years ago
Thanks. But it's not relevant in my case, since the plugin in the example is NopCommerce team discount plugin and works absolutely fine when installed on local machine. When tried installing directly on the server I get the issues which most likely to do with security and permissions.
6 years ago
I think this is not because of permission issue, can you please try to upload plugin DLL again and try to install.
6 years ago
Be sure to Unblock the .zip file before extracting.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.